“looking in the mirror"- 1st





Materials: watercolor board, Pencil, pen, watercolor, and gouache. 

Process: I experimented with black watercolor paper, but I didn't like how the color didn't show up as much as I wanted it to. I then decided to use watercolor board. I wanted to use bright colors and have a harsh contrast between them. This harsh contrast was between the mirror and my face in the mirror, along with my hand. The rest of the domestic items were in color, lit normally by the lamp. I also wanted this piece to have detail, but for the desk to not be as crowded and to have some type of simplicity. 

Idea: In my SI, I wanted to explore harsh contrast; for this piece, I chose light. The light IS reflecting on my face, but as soon as it gets to the mirror, the color changes to a lighter gray, showing sadness and isolation. I also wanted the lamp to dramatically affect the other objects, leaving everything else in color. 

Comments

  1. Great job! This will grade higher when a final College Board ready photo is uploaded

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd idea

1st idea